Lakes Area Man Life-Flighted After Gas Can Explodes
JT Thaden | Nov 9, 2018 AT 1:01 pm
PARKERS PRAIRIE (KBRF) - A 25 year old Parkers Prairie man has been severely burned in an attempt to get a recreational fire started.
The Otter Tail County Sheriff’s office responded with assistance to a call late Thursday evening with Parkers Prairie Ambulance. The man was allegedly attempting to use a gasoline canister to light what was described as a recreational fire.
In the process, the gas can exploded. The man caught himself on fire and received burns to upper front of his body. His uncle, the property owner, was able to assist in getting the fire out.
The man was transported by ambulance to meet a North Memorial Ambulance out of Alexandria, who then transported the man to a fixed-wing aircraft, for transport to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.
His current condition or the full extent of his burns is unknown at this time.