Smoke Damage Caused by Candle Fire At Detroit Lakes Townhome Monday

Smoke Damage Caused by Candle Fire At Detroit Lakes Townhome Monday Click to Enlarge

DETROIT LAKES, MN--A fire in an upstairs bedroom caused heavy smoke damage to a Detroit Lakes townhome Monday afternoon. Detroit Lakes Fire Department was called to the scene at the Union Square Townhomes on the 400 block of Andrews Avenue just before 4:00pm. Fire Chief Scott Flynn says a mother came home and found the fire in the upstairs bedroom and was able to use water and a fire extinguisher to douse the fire. Flynn says the fire was out by the time crews in four trucks had arrived. There was heavy smoke damage. He says the fire was started by a candle and a couple kids home at the time. The mother was checked out by EMS at the scene for smoke inhalation but no one was injured.


Leave a comment