Hwy 10 Construction Remains on Track in Wadena
JT Thaden | Jul 30, 2020 AT 8:52 pm
WADENA (KDLM) - Construction work along Highway 10 in Wadena is on track.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation says all the underground utilities have been installed beneath eastbound Hwy 10 between County Road 4 and Second Street NW in Wadena. Concrete work is underway and crews have poured both travel lanes, and will begin the concrete sidewalks, entrances, medians and curbs/gutters. The new road and sidewalks are set to open from west of Hwy 71 to Co. Rd. 4 in mid-August.
The final stage of construction will begin in mid-August, crews will close and detour both directions of Hwy 10 on Monday, August 17 to reconstruct the last segment between Hwy 71 and Birch Avenue NW, at the Wadena County fairgrounds.
The Hwy 10 detour uses Hwy 71 Wadena, Hwy 29 Wadena to Otter Tail County Road 75 back to Hwy 10 near Bluffton. Here's what to expect:
- Plan on stops, delays at peak travel times, or when a train goes through the area
- A temporary traffic signal at Hwy 29/County Road 75
- A temporary all-way stop at Hwy 10/County Road 75
- Hwy 10 will be open to locals between County Road 75 and Birch Avenue NW; however, Hwy 10 will be closed to ALL users in the work area between Birch Avenue NW and First Street SW in Wadena
- Pedestrian walks will close, follow detour signs
Second St. W closes to Hwy 10
Crews will reconstruct the intersection and RR crossing. Detour reverses to use Hwy 71 signal.
- Second Street SW uses Hwy 29 and Hwy 71
- Second Street NW uses Juniper Avenue and Hwy 71
MNDOT plans to open all the new lanes, sidewalks and accesses through Wadena by late October.